Who we are
Lady Pedal is a cycling community of women. We meet regularly to talk about cycling and plan cycling events for women. We aim to encourage women to cycle by helping them to feel safe and confident on Manchester’s roads.
To get women cycling, safely and with confidence
Our Mission Statement
We bring women together to take ownership of their health and independence through cycling.
- To motivate women to cycle, for enjoyment and as a convenient way of getting around.
- To get women cycling confidently on the roads.
- To help women learn to maintain and fix their bike.
- To encourage women to choose a bike which is right for them.
- To create a cycling culture for women.
- To promote the health benefits of cycling.
- To build a community with a purpose and sense of belonging.
- To host an annual festival to promote and celebrate women’s cycling.
- To meet regularly to plan events, talk about cycling and have fun.
- To organise bike maintenance workshops, run by women and for women.
- To meet once a month for a bike ride.
- To organise a mass cycle ride for women (Critical Lass!)
- To talk to people about women’s cycling and what we are doing.
Follow Lady Cycle’s crowdfunding page here, to get the Bike Hive Mcr buzzing again!